Thursday, September 19, 2013

Update on Donation - Mental Health Awareness Retreat

Update on Donation

I would like to thank everyone who participated in raising awareness on Homelessness. From the designers and bloggers who participated in the hunt to the live performers during the Sleep Out event, those who talked about the issues with laws and politics, those who shared their stories, those who visited the exhibit and shared the resources available....to everyone that partook and was a voice for this cause, Thank you!. 

From the very comfort of your homes, in second life, $19,475L was donated during the Homeless Awareness events. That is an estimated value of $76.08 USA Dollars. So yes!, you can really make a difference in REAL lives from second life. 

This money is going to be donated to The Bowery Mission Shelter. http://www.bowery.org/. Due to RL, there was a delay in updating you guys with the information but here it is =]

I spoke to the person who will be handling the transaction on Monday. I had misinformed you guys that I would make the donation on September 15th as I didn't realize that the day fell on a Sunday. Usually offices are not open on Sunday. I also didn't realize that it takes time for Linden Labs to convert the lindens to actual cash. This has definitely been a learning experience.

Once everything is sorted I will update you guys with the information. Our goal with this event was to raise awareness and we are happy to announce that our goal was met. 

If you have any questions, comments or concerns, feel free to im me in world Joshuan Banx or email me at Joshuanbanx@yahoo.com

Take a look at what I am wearing from .iRetro for Fi*Fridays and D-style HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment