Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Research, Research, Research

I dislike being spoon fed. I dislike people shoving their ideas, thoughts, imagination, and ways down my throat. That is how one becomes disempowered. Slowly becoming their clone and being just like them instead of being me.

I know decisions are hard to weight out but I rather know I made a knowledgeable, coherent decision then one made for me, where I have to sit there and watch, feeling powerless to its outcome.

At times I know I will have nothing else but to trust. But if and when I can help it, I will be informed and prepared to make my own decisions and be my own person. And I shall do this by researching.

As a kid I was taught to draw a heart shaped like hearts that you normally see on valentines card. I saw that veins were green and babies came from birds. As a kid though, I didn't question it. It just was.

As I grew older and researched around I found out that a humans heart is not shaped like the hearts from valentines cards, that green veins really are blue and that we come from a mother's womb and not birds.

Asking questions and researching is what helps us grow and see things with a clearer eye.
  
Many don't do research and just plain-fully live by the spoon fed lies people teach them. As in the case of many south African men. They sleep with babies to "cure" their HIV/ AIDS, believing that sleeping with a virgin will cure them. Fables told by other ignorant people, causing rape to rise.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/southafrica/1362134/South-African-men-rape-babies-as-cure-for-Aids.html

A girl losses an arm because doctors thought it was a tumor instead of a rare bone disease called Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progress where muscles turn into bones. It feels as if it's a tumor when in reality is just bones. She didn't need to lose her arm but she did due to lack of research.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNmpzG3BAcM&feature=related

A boy was treated as mentally ill for OCD (Obsessive-compulsive disorder) when it was PANDAS (Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal Infections), a response to a strep infection. Treatable by antibiotics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50bQtkfiHvs&feature=related

The point I am trying to make here is that research is highly important. Important to make wise decisions in regards toyour health, finances, mental well being and more.

When you are going to buy a business, research those with success. What did they do to be successful? As for mental health, research therapies that have higher success rate within your diagnose. Medications that are studied and proven to work with lesser side effects.

Back in the days lobotomies were thought to be a way of treating some mental health issues. In truth, research showed how it caused many paralysis and even death.

Take charge of your life and research. Take a hold of what you believe in and what you want. Only you know what is best for you.

Research allows you to explore options, information and resources available to you. It allows you to make proper choices, choices that will benefit you. Giving you an empowerment over your life, views, and ways of being.
 
Literacy is one way to gain access to research. Browsing through millions of files either through a library or the comfort of your home, online.

Don't allow someone to just spoon feed you. Pick up a book or browse the web and feed yourself.
 
Happy Healing Everyone =]