Monday, January 28, 2013

Relapse

I had not shared this before as I struggled, but I openly admit I had a relapse. Thankfully, it was not as severe as when I first had my breakdown but non the less I faced many of the same symptoms. Paranoia, depression, flashbacks, and what I had thought I had overcome, agoraphobia.

You have two choices when a relapse happens

Either you can sit there and be disappointed that you relapsed. Staying in the cycle that keeps you in darkness.

Or you can apply what you have already learned and get out of the cycle.

You already know your tools. You already know how you got out of the darkness. You already know what helps and what doesn't.

Im not saying it is going to be easy because it won't be. But! you can do this. You have done it before.

1. Make sure you know what medications has and has not helped you and take your medications accordingly. 

2. Recognize that you have fallen or are falling into a relapse. It is ok to be in a relapse stage. It happens sometimes. And you can get out of it, just as you have done so before.

3. Use your coping skills.

4. Get the help you need. It is ok to go back to needing help. Nothing wrong with asking for a lending hand =]

***LEGAL DISCLAIMER: the information provided is not intended to replace any professional help. This is not a professional advice nor pertaining to act as such.