Thursday, October 24, 2013

Don't Let Anyone Or Anything Set Your Limits - Mental Health Awareness Retreat


Don't Let Anyone Or Anything Set Your Limits

I am almost certain everyone has heard of people who have overcome obstacles. Who have pushed to see their dreams come true. Michael Jordan, Oprah Winfrey, Walt Disney, Steve Jobs, Dr. Seuss, Hellen Keller, J.K Rowling, Nick Vujicic, Tony Melendez, David Ring are just some of the few names that come to mind.

How did they became successful? How did they overcame? How did they achieved? By not letting anyone or anything set their limits for them!

Only YOU know what your limits are and what they should be. Of course there are things we can't do. Of course there are things we are not going to be able to do but that doesn't mean there are certain things we want that we will never obtain. 

I remember when I got severely mentally ill with PTSD. I went from clubbing, going out with my friends, enjoying events outside, eating at restaurants and so forth to being inside a house 24/7. I won't lie. At first I cried my eyes out. I couldn't believe this is what my life turned out to be. I couldn't believe this is what I would have to settle for. After crying and being pissed with the cards I was dealt with, I finally decided this was not going to be my life. I refused to settle for a lifestyle that made me miserable. I worked very hard on my coping skills, therapy, and researched a lot on PTSD in order to heal.

Today I go out to restaurants, I go out with friends, I enjoy the outside and although I still can't club with massive people in a room like I used to, I have gotten as far as enjoying a semi full lounge. Hey! It's progress.

Everyday I challenge myself to do what I love. To be who I want. I don't let anyone set limits for me. Yes, I have limits like everyone else but I, ME, MYSELF are the ones who define what those limits are not someone else nor a disorder.

You are what you set out to be. If you think your situation will never change, that you will always be stuck in the darkness forever, that things will never get better then you have already set up for what you want your future to look like. But if you think your situation will change, things will get better and there is a way then you have set up for that kind of future.

Who or What are you letting set limits for you? If you can overcome your limits what would you love to do? What would you have to do in order to overcome those limits to get what you love and/or do what you love?

Take a look at what I am wearing from D-Style, .iRetro, The Body Modification and more HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment